This draft is the first one with the voice over. However, due to the script and not having the correct person to record it, we changed it to our actresses voice and a script our DOP created. For this draft, we only had a rough voice over to see the response we would get from our audience to if they like it or would prefer without.
We recently did a second film shoot due to the bad lighting and not a very good understanding (from the class) of what our idea is and how it ends. Once again the location was Tash’s house, however we changed the actor to Lauren as our audience research shows us that they would prefer a women. Also we decided to shoot during the day using abnormal amount of white light from the ceiling bulb and the light from outside the window created by natural lighting from the sun. This immediately improved our filming as the shots aren’t grainy at all which was out main issue with the last shoot.
As a group we decided to add a couple more shots of a figure standing underneath the street lamp outside our location. This provides some understand to the rest of our sequence as it makes the feet under the door understandable and not being assumed as the women inside the room.
Over all my group have worked very well together apart from a few misunderstandings of what jobs we have had to do, we all still did something to go towards the ending and we all pulled our weight. I think at sometimes we didn’t all agree but we managed to negotiate and compromise our opinions so we all agreed on the final outcome. If we did this section of our course again I wouldn’t want a different group because we really did work well together with respect for one another and all getting on with what we had to do to keep up to date.
Josie worked on the second edit and got it much better compared to our first. When we finished we all looked back upon our video and with the help of an adult we got some feedback on it which included:
- Reshooting the zoom in of the figure outside or edit it to look less shaky
- Adding a voice over as it is missing ‘something’
- Use a different white noise
- Shoot someone writing a letter to make the clip longer
- Make the ‘HUNTED’ title fade in
After presenting our draft to the class we created a survey for them all to fill out and here are our results. When we film again, we will make sure to meet these demands and criticism to get the best grade possible. As you can see, our class answered the survey and there are some clear preferences on the response of the sequence and improvements.
I asked Miss Pigott to assess the draft to see what level we were working at. We achieved a level 2 for our draft which is okay its not the best but I think the sequence deserved it as it did have a few flaws we need to improve, but when we finish it I wish to achieve a level 3.
Due to the lighting being too dark we are going to reshoot the whole thing and get a new actor as Luke doesn’t quite capture the emotion of fear.
On Sunday, we had our first shooting of our main task. Here are a few behind the scene images of me and Tash doing Luke’s makeup. Overall it didn’t go very well as some of the shots were too shaky and the lighting was to dark. This was the first filming and since then we have swapped actors.